× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

HI MY PASSWORD ON MY NETGEAR TILGIN ROUTER WONT CONNECT TO MY NETGEAR AC12 WI FI EXTENDER

Philjer54
Aspirant

HI MY PASSWORD ON MY NETGEAR TILGIN ROUTER WONT CONNECT TO MY NETGEAR AC12 WI FI EXTENDER

Model: EX6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: HI MY PASSWORD ON MY NETGEAR TILGIN ROUTER WONT CONNECT TO MY NETGEAR AC12 WI FI EXTENDER

To the left of the "A" is a caps lock. 

Now once we have that figured out, we need more info. 

Not sure what a Netgear Tilgin router is or what a AC12 extender is. 

Models numbers are much better. So:

Router model number and firmware:

Extender model number and firmware:

Now to the more details on the situation. At what point is it failing? Setting up the extender to connect to the router? connecting a device to the extender? What exactly is going on? More details help us to help you.

If you go to netgear.com/support/  you can type in the model numbers and find manuals and install guides that can help you. 

Message 2 of 4
Philjer54
Aspirant

Re: HI MY PASSWORD ON MY NETGEAR TILGIN ROUTER WONT CONNECT TO MY NETGEAR AC12 WI FI EXTENDER

Hi again apologies for the vap lock.try again I have model no EX6120 wi fi extender. Trying to connect to netgear tilgin Hg2372 .I have green lights on power.wps.and rueter connection on the extender my problem is trying to connect with my rueter password. It keeps telling me wrong password but I know that it is correct
Best regards Phil McCulloch
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I couldn't find a tilgin hg2372. I could find a hg2380 though. Not sure if the 2372 is the same though. Its not a netgear product. 

What firmware is on your extender?

From the sound of it, you're setting it up via the wps method. have you tried hardwiring into the extender and following the manual install guide? Sometimes people have better luck this route. 

here's the manual, a basic install guide, and firmware.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX6120.aspx

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7