× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How can I setup two EX3700 extenders for the same WI-Fi router?

Vettewine
Follower

How can I setup two EX3700 extenders for the same WI-Fi router?

I have one EX3700 (AC750) WiFi Range Extender that works great for the large-screen TV in my bedroom and I want to extend my WiFi in the opposite direction from my main WiFi router to another large-screen TV in my media room. Can I use another EX3700 without screwing up the setup that I have now which works great?

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: How can I setup two EX3700 extenders for the same WI-Fi router?

You can but I'd make sure that you're using a different ssid for your signals. Also try to seperate your channels to reduce interference. 

Using 1 extender usually works well but when you start adding more than that, its time to possible start looking at systems designed for that like the mesh networks. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Re: How can I setup two EX3700 extenders for the same WI-Fi router?

You can but I'd make sure that you're using a different ssid for your signals. Also try to seperate your channels to reduce interference. 

Using 1 extender usually works well but when you start adding more than that, its time to possible start looking at systems designed for that like the mesh networks. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7