× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect Password

StAlphonzo
Aspirant

Incorrect Password

I can't login to the extender. The instructions say the password is the same as my wireless router. I have verified that I am using the correct password. After many tries I still can't login. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Incorrect Password

the wifi password should be the same but not the log into the device. 

The defaults are: 

login: admin

password: password

the first time you log in, it should ask you to change the password. 

There's a support site with access to manuals, firmware, install guides, etc.
Go to https://www.netgear.com/support/
Type in your model number and from there it'll take you to the above.
Its a great resource to start with.

Message 2 of 5
StAlphonzo
Aspirant

When trying to connect to my extender with my phone I am asked for the extender password only. No username. The manual says my password is the same as my wireless router and it isn’t. Other ideas?
Thanks
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

I've seen WPS get coded differently between manufacturers. Try factory resetting the extender (push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on).

then install it using the installation assistant and NOT wps. 

Message 4 of 5

@StAlphonzo wrote:
When trying to connect to my extender with my phone I am asked for the extender password only. No username. The manual says my password is the same as my wireless router and it isn’t. Other ideas?

Connecting with a browser? Remember, this is a two-stage process. You have to connect to the wifi from the extender before you can connect to the browser graphical user interface (GUI).

With extenders, it can be easier to connect to its IP address than to something like  www.mywifiext.net.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

WiFi Range Extenders & Nighthawk Mesh - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7