× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 EX2700 Connect with Web Browser Setup

Charlotte123
Aspirant

N300 EX2700 Connect with Web Browser Setup

Hello!

I have a N300 Wifi Range Extender Model EX2700. 

I connected to the _EXT Wifi Network but when I launch a web browser and enter www.mywifiet.net I am told I am not connected to my extender's wifi network. What has gone wrong? 

I did not have to put in a security key to connect to the _EXT Wifi Network, instead I got information from the router. When I previously (after factory reset) tried to connect to the _EXT Wifi Network in another room from the router I was asked to put in the security key which did not work. I initially tried through WPS which did not work. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 EX2700 Connect with Web Browser Setup

Try doing it this way. 

connect a pc/laptop to the extenders ethernet port. Disable wifi on the device you connect to it. reason why is the ethernet port won't have a connection and the pc/laptop can default back to the wireless. 

then try the mywifiext . net 

Message 2 of 4
Charlotte123
Aspirant

Hi Plemans,

Thank you for your advice. I still get the message that I am not connected to my extender's WiFi network. I connected the router and extender through WPS. Could that be the problem?

Thanks again!
Charlotte
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

It sure could be the wps. Try factory resetting the extender and reinstalling using the installation wizard and not wps. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7