× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 WiFi Range Extender Model EX2700 Doesn't Connect

hooper62
Tutor

N300 WiFi Range Extender Model EX2700 Doesn't Connect

My N300 range extender has worked fine for a number of months, but for some reason now it has stopped. Tried factory resets a few times and it appears to link fine via WPS to the wifi router (all lights power, router and WPS are solid green) and it is visible with good signal strength on my laptop, but repeatably when I try and connect I get the message that my laptop is "unable to connect to this network". Also, I don't seem to be able to get to it via the wifi ext link either. Very frustrating as it used to work fine..! Can anyone help please? My wireless router is a PlusNet router, and as I say signal strength is fine, but something isn't connecting up

Thanks

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: N300 WiFi Range Extender Model EX2700 Doesn't Connect

Try factory resetting and reinstalling it using the smart installation wizard and not using wps. 

wps gets coded differently between device makers and can cause issues because of this. 

Message 2 of 5
hooper62
Tutor

I have tried that and whilst I can connect to the extender over wifi with the name NETGEAR_EXT (and the device green light comes on) there is no way I can get to log in to the device via a browser using the www.mywifi...... address. It just goes to the Netgear page which says click on www.wifiext.... for a Windows machine and that page won't load. So we are back to square one. Any other suggestions please?!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

have you tried connecting a pc/laptop to the ethernet port and setting it up hardwired? just make sure to disable the wireless in the device you connect so the connection doesn't default back to the wireless

Message 4 of 5
hooper62
Tutor

Tried the wizard this morning and this time it worked - no idea why. All working fine now!! Thanks for your help.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7