× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

N300 wifi range extender bought used

wellerl
Follower

N300 wifi range extender bought used

Hello all, I bought a used N300 WiFi range Extender Model EX2700 from Amazon and am having trouble using it since it has been previously registered. I've never really done much with devices like this, but desperatley need this to do my online classes this semester in my room which is relatively far from my router. I tried registering the serial number, but since it's previously registered it will not let me move forward. I'm sort of in a rut now wondering where to go and figured I'd be able to ask here since the manual is only for setting up a new device. I have no information from the previous user so I'm really hoping this isn't a bust, but I understand if there's really nothing I can do. Thank you.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: N300 wifi range extender bought used

Hello wellerl - You may want to perform a factory reset on the extender by pressing on the small black button with a pin for +10 seconds. After doing so, please do the following: 

1. Join the NETGEAR_EXT wifi network

2. After connecting to the network browse to www.mywifiext.net

3. Log in with the default credentials (User: Admin - Password: password)

4. Follow the setup instructions

~Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7