× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS) / Chromecast / Google Home Assistant

maldaegary
Follower

NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS) / Chromecast / Google Home Assistant

Hello,

I have utilized EX3700 to extend my wifi network to the backyard. I have used different SSID to extend the network.

Wifi is now reaching everywhere in the backyard and it is working great.

However, when my mobile device is connected to the backyard extended network, it does not recognize as being on the same network as Chromecast, which is connected to the original network.

If I were to simply change the SSID of the backyard network to the same SSID as my main network, will it fix my issue?

Thank you very much in advance for your expertise.

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS) / Chromecast / Google Home Assistant

Hi @maldaegary,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender (EX3700-100NAS) / Chromecast / Google Home Assistant

Hi @maldaegary,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Does the issue persist whether your devices are connected to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz band of the extender?

3. Can your device (preferably computer) ping your Chromecast?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @maldaegary,

I would like to follow up and check if you are still experiencing the issue.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7