× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Need some urgent help please read hotel connection

pdes
Guide

Need some urgent help please read hotel connection

I am currently in a hotel room with a wired connection. My Netgear PR2000 Trek detects Internet connection and I am connected though my tablet to the Trek so can configure the router. I am trying to use the Ethernet wired connection to support my wireless devices in the room. I have run the router's wizard but this tell me I have a comms error so have tried to configure manually according to the setup docs. It's one of these hotels that provides free access but you have to log on though their Web page. The WiFi is terrible hence the determination to get this fixed.

I have set the mac address to be the tablet's and have factory reset the router so that I have run the wizard from scratch in accordanc with the manual and other Netgear faq docs. Should I try AP mode? I have obsessed over this for three days so would really appreciate some guidance.

(Or is this a lost cause? Can the hotel block this setup?)

Thank
Message 1 of 3
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Need some urgent help please read hotel connection

Seeing that it requires you to log in I don't think it's possible unless you use a pc with additional nic card and share the connection.

I would suggest you contact the hotel and ask them if they can reconfigure the port which feeds your room.
Message 2 of 3
pdes
Guide

Re: Need some urgent help please read hotel connection

searay wrote:
Seeing that it requires you to log in I don't think it's possible unless you use a pc with additional nic card and share the connection.

I would suggest you contact the hotel and ask them if they can reconfigure the port which feeds your room.

But the login is a Web page, not on the server. I thought that this would mean a pass-through at least to the Internet where the login page is then accessed.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7