× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Extender setup

carl1000
Aspirant

Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Extender setup

Got the new extender, following the directions, I don't use WPS.

1) assemble,

2) turn on,

3) connect labtop to extender,

4) go to mywifiext.net

5) Complete stop: instead of the welcome screen shown in the help articles it wants me to login or create an account then login, which of course is not possible because the extender will not connect to my router and the internet until it is setup. 

So how do I login to NetGear so I can run the new extender setup.  Actually all I want to do is run the setup.  Seems like it would make more sense to do this through ethernet but its not my company.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
carl1000
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk AC1900 Wifi Extender setup

Thank you.  I would be disturbed if a brand new from the box device required a factory reset.  It woud make me wonder whether my item was new or not.  Fortunately the problem was simplier.  Netgear does not play with many browsers and any attempt to invoke limitations for the purpose of protecting ones data sends it into a sulk.  I had to bring up a copy of firefox (it would not take Chrome or Opera) strip it of any protections and then I could get it.  

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello carl1000

Have you tried to factory reset the extender and try the setup again?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
carl1000
Aspirant

Thank you.  I would be disturbed if a brand new from the box device required a factory reset.  It woud make me wonder whether my item was new or not.  Fortunately the problem was simplier.  Netgear does not play with many browsers and any attempt to invoke limitations for the purpose of protecting ones data sends it into a sulk.  I had to bring up a copy of firefox (it would not take Chrome or Opera) strip it of any protections and then I could get it.  

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7