× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk Mesh with Jio Router

ASHEET
Aspirant

Nighthawk Mesh with Jio Router

Hi

1. I have a JioFiber Home gateway dual band router which has a Fiber Internet port. It has 4 LAN ports. It also supports Mesh network with Jio Mesh extender.

2. I recently received Netgear Nighthawk AX 1800 MX62 system (1Router+1Satellite).
However, as it used Ethernet as Internet port, I cant connect the Fiber coming to my home to Nighthawk.

3. I want to know if I can connect Nighthawk Satellite as Mesh extender to JioHom Gateway. If Yes,
a. what are the steps?

b. what are drawbacks?

4. If No, then can I connect Nighthawk Router to LAN port of Jio and then connect satellite to Nighthawk Router as prescribed?

Please suggest.

In nutshell, How do I connect Nighthawk Satellite to another Brand Mesh Router.

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk Mesh with Jio Router

No, you can't use the satellites with the Jio router/mesh. 

but you can setup the netgear MR60 router in access point mode and connect the satellites to it. 

You could either leave the Jio with its wireless on for a backup or to offload the netgear router or you could disable its wireless. 

Message 2 of 4
ASHEET
Aspirant

I am able to successfully pair the Satellite with JioHOmeGateway as Jio has  Mesh option and has its own Satellite option.

I was able to do it using WPS option on Jio and Netgear Satellite.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

that'd be the first time a netgear mesh solution has worked with others. could be because the MK60 and MK80 are built on the EasyMesh standard.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061555/What-is-EasyMesh-and-how-does-it-work-with-my-NETGEAR-Mesh-WiFi-6-S...

https://mightygadget.co.uk/what-is-wi-fi-easymesh/

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7