× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Blinking green light on Netgear powerline1200

Redman1970
Aspirant

No Blinking green light on Netgear powerline1200

I installed my Netgear Powerline 1200 today.  I have all 3 green lights on solid on both adapters, but the quick start guide says that the “pick a plug” green light should be blinding to indicate that the adapters are communicating.  Mine are on just solid green.  The quick start manual says on page #8 Not to press the Security button on the power line adapter until installation is complete and the adapters are communicating with each other (indicated by the blinking Pick a Plug LED).  

Did I not do something right or is solid green right?  I want to use the security option but don’t want to install it if the adapters aren’t set up right and communicating.

Model: PLP1200|Powerline 1200 Adapter
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: No Blinking green light on Netgear powerline1200

If the lights are solid green, they're linked and communicating correctly. Once this is up and running you push the security button and the 1st device. Once the light is blinking, you have to push the security button on the 2nd device within 2 minutes. If you don't, you'll need to do a reset on both devices and start over again. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

If the lights are solid green, they're linked and communicating correctly. Once this is up and running you push the security button and the 1st device. Once the light is blinking, you have to push the security button on the 2nd device within 2 minutes. If you don't, you'll need to do a reset on both devices and start over again. 

Message 2 of 3
Redman1970
Aspirant

Thank you!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements