× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

PLW1000 and Netgear Router running Tomato firmware

GJSchaller
Guide

PLW1000 and Netgear Router running Tomato firmware

I currently have a Netgear R7000 router at home running Tomato firmware (latest release, which I believe is 2019.2).  There is one room in my house that has poor WiFi, and I'd like to boost the signal in that room.  I currently have Netgear's Powerline 1200 adatpers in place in other parts of my house without issue, but none of them are WiFi devices - all hardwire only.

I was looking at the PLW1000 devices - two questions come to mind.  First, is the PLW1000 compatible with the 1200 series?  Secondly, will the PLW1000 work with, and extend, the WiFi on a router running Tomato firmware, or does it need to be running Netgear's stock firmware?

Model: PLW1000|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: PLW1000 and Netgear Router running Tomato firmware

in terms of the pl1200, its tech specs show its 

• HomePlug® AV2 compliant
  • Works with HomePlug AV and HomePlug Green PHY

The plw1000 is:

• HomePlug® AV2 compliant

So they should work together. The HomePlug AV2 spec requires devices to work together to be certified. So they should. Emphasis on should. 🙂

In terms of powerline working with tomato. it will. Powerline doesn't care what its connect to. If your powerline 1200 adapters work with it, so will the plw1000's. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7