× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Password change on extender

sewingbywater
Aspirant

Password change on extender

Recently I had to delete all the info on my iPad which included all stored passwords. Since then I have not been able to access the Netgear Extender because it will not accept what I remember being the password! How do I create a new password for this devise w/o having to purchase a new one? I must use the extender on the bottom floor of my house where my sewing room is located for both my iPhone & iPad. Thanks for any help you can give a little grey haired lady that knows absolutely NOTHING about this stuff. 

Message 1 of 2
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Password change on extender

Hi sewingbywater,

Can you please confirm which WiFi Extender you have? (Examples: EX3700, WN3000RP)

1. Reset your NETGEAR WiFi Extender back to factory default settings.
    To do this, Press and hold the Factory Settings button on the side panel for 7 seconds.
  2. Connect via WiFi to your NETGEAR WiFi extender (the network name should be "NETGEAR_EXT")
  3. Open up a web browser like Internet Explorer / Firefox and enter http://myWiFiext.net into the address (or try 192.168.1.250)
    You will be prompted to enter a username and password.
    Default login credentials are:
    • Username: admin
    • Password: password
    Note: Username and password are case sensitive.
  4. Walk through the setup wizard to setup your connection. (Setup your WiFi Extender to have the same password as your router)
  5. Reconnect your WiFi devices to your NETGEAR WiFi Extender.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,

NhanN

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7