× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Problems with DHCP and some repeaters

m4ndingo
Follower

Problems with DHCP and some repeaters

Hi all,

I'm having trouble for some days now with setting up my repeaters. First of all, Internet is working on my Router and my Thinkpad x1 5th gen. I bought 3 repeaters, a very low end Maginon WLR 510, a TP Link RE650 and a Netgear EX7500.

The problem occures after setting up the repeaters and connecting them to the router, windows is just saying that there is no internetconnection because of unvalid ip configurations. I tried to enable and disable DHCP on the repeaters, I tried to give them static IPs, what didnt work as well. The Router is a Synology router with DHCP enabled. Strangely enough the low end Maginon repeater worked for some months now, but surrendered with the same unability a few days ago.

I even tried all the solutions for the common ip configuration problems, rebooting, cmd ipconfig /flushdns netsh branchcache reset etc...

Has anybody any idea what I am doing wrong?

Message 1 of 2
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Problems with DHCP and some repeaters

Hi @m4ndingo,

Welcome to the community!

1. Does the issue only persist on the Windows device where you are getting the error?

2. Is the error message regarding an IP conflict?

3. You can try configuring address reservation for your repeaters and/or devices if your router supports that feature to make sure that each device is assigned a different IP.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7