× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Range Extender not Connecting to Internet

vzey
Follower

Range Extender not Connecting to Internet

So I bought a Netgear AC1200 to use as a supplemented Ethernet connection for my PC, after my N300 wasn’t cutting it anymore. I connected it like the instructions say and it gets all three green lights (power, wps, router connection). However I cannot access the internet from any device that is connected to the Netgear AC1200. I contacted Netgear tech support and we set it up 3 more times, changing the static IP and Primary DNS, same problem still persists. He then tells me to change the channel my router is set on. I did (channel 6) but was confused how that would help. I am at a loss cause I can’t think of anything else to try and my N300 connected fine. I have Spectrum as my ISP with a Spectrum router (would there be a setting in my router preventing my extended from connecting?)
Model: EX6150v2|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Range Extender not Connecting to Internet

there could potentially be something within the spectrum router blocking an extender. Thats always a possibilty. 

What firmware are you on for your extender?

What model spectrum modem are you using?

do you know of anyone that you could try visiting and setting if the extender sets up with their equipment? 

One thing to check. Is the switch on the side set in extender mode or access point mode? Set it in extender mode if it isn't.  

If it is in extender mode, I'd try setting it up in ap mode to see if it works. Switch it over to ap mode, wire the extender to the spectrum box, and see if it can go through setup and if it works. If it does, I'd factory reset it, switch it back to extender mode, and retry the setup. I've seen an issue once that was resolved by switching modes briefly, factory resetting, and then re doing the setup. Not sure why it fixed it but its worth a chance for you. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7