× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router light not on

personal515
Initiate

Router light not on

I reset my extender following the manual's directions and all lights are on but the Router and Device lights. When I choose to connect to the EXT wireless, my computer says it's connected but then the internet doesn't load. It has worked in the past so I'm not sure what went wrong and the restart didn't work.

Help!

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Router light not on

Hello personal515

Have you tried to connect the extender using WPS to the router?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
Fatmrsgeorge
Initiate

I have similar issue. Recently got a new modem from sky so network name and key changed. WiFi extender coming up on device (SAMSUNG TABLET)with new network name but then requests password. When I enter the correct network password it comes back with password incorrect. The power and wPS lights are solid green but the router light is not. The extender is plugged in right next to the router. Can you help or am I simply going to take a baseball bat to the thing ?! I TRIED wps connection. Also tried reset to factory settings. Thanks

Model: WN3000RPv3|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Fatmrsgeorge

Have you tried to forget the network on your tablet then reconnect? also if the extender is not connecting to the new router make sure the security on the router is set to WPA2. When doing a factory reset on the extender hold down the button for 10 seconds then try setup again.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 5
personal515
Initiate

I just did a factory reset and then connected it again from scratch using the second option (not the WPS way) - and now it works! So I would suggest trying that...

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7