× Our systems will undergo a planned maintenance on Sunday, May 19, 2024, between 12:00 AM and 02:00 AM Pacific Time. During the maintenance window, you will not be able to log in to your MyNETGEAR account (including apps), renew a subscription, or register a product. However, you will still be able to use guest checkout to purchase a new product or subscription service. Updates will be posted to Status.NETGEAR.com. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Slow Wirless connection

gordong11
Aspirant

Slow Wirless connection

I just bought this N300 dual Band, and my wireless is very slow. With Speed Test for android, I am getting less than 1.0 Mbps (wired on my PC I get 35+ Mbps) download speed..... but I do get a 6.5 Mbps upload speed in every wireless test. Why is this? Something must be wrong.

I believe I am using the default settings, but there must be a way to improve my download speed. BTW My connection is rated at 96% in the settings, and no matter how close I am to the router, I get no faster speed than 1 Mbps download.

Mainly I use my cell phone and tablet for wireless connections, but downloads are taking forever. It's not unusual for it to take 30 seconds to download a 3.0 Megabyte app at google play. Horrible.

Please help if you can. model WNR3500L v2: Firmware Version:
V1.2.0.16_40.0.66
Message 1 of 2
gordong11
Aspirant

Re: Slow Wirless connection

I was able to solve my own problem, but have no idea.....

I went into advanced settings, then QoS. I then disabled WMM multimedia support. I now get my full 35 Mbps download speed over wireless. I have no idea what this setting does? Why is comes enabled? or Why such a huge difference in download speed it makes?

This did solve the problem though.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7