× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to connect to mywifiext.net when I'm connect to extender

sjnorcal18
Aspirant

Unable to connect to mywifiext.net when I'm connect to extender

Hello,

I am unable to access mywifiext.net when Im connected to my wifi extender. It takes me to this Netgear landing page that says "You are not connected to your extender's WiFi network." I am connected to the wifi extended becasue I entered the password on the device and my wifi connection says I'm connected to NETGEAR02-5G_EXT.

I tried clicking on the links on the landing page but it takes me to a dead page. 

Model: PLW1010|PowerLINE 1000 Wireless adapter
Message 1 of 5
sjnorcal18
Aspirant

Re: Unable to connect to mywifiext.net when I'm connect to extender

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Have you tried connecting a device to the ethernet port to see if its possible to access that way?

Or possibly to try a different web browser. 

Message 3 of 5
sjnorcal18
Aspirant

Yes, I tried with ethernet and mutiple browers and still recieived the same error.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Try shutting off your router. Just leave the extender on. Maybe the router is causing an issue with accessing the extender. 

What firmware is on the extender?

Another option is to look in your router's attached devices page (or the equivelent for your router) for the IP address of the extender. Then use this address to access the extender.

What router are you using?

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7