× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WAP or WAP2 support for AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender

geneeckhart
Tutor

WAP or WAP2 support for AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender

Can I get this Extender to support WAP or WAP2 or am I stuck with WEP?

Model: EX6250|AC1750-WIFI MESH EXTENDER
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WAP or WAP2 support for AC1750 WiFi Mesh Extender

@geneeckhart wrote:

Thanks.  The manual is telling me that if my router (Comcast) is using WAP2, that the extender can't connect to it.  Is there another way that I'm missing?---How are you attempting to install it? Using wps or the installation assistant? Try using the installation assistant. 

what comcast router is it? 

Also, I didn't understand what this meant?  CM2000-> RAX200-> GS716v2-> EX8000---its just my signature with what my current setup is. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

the ex6250 supports wpa2

Message 2 of 4
geneeckhart
Tutor

Thanks.  The manual is telling me that if my router (Comcast) is using WAP2, that the extender can't connect to it.  Is there another way that I'm missing?

Also, I didn't understand what this meant?  CM2000-> RAX200-> GS716v2-> EX8000

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@geneeckhart wrote:

Thanks.  The manual is telling me that if my router (Comcast) is using WAP2, that the extender can't connect to it.  Is there another way that I'm missing?---How are you attempting to install it? Using wps or the installation assistant? Try using the installation assistant. 

what comcast router is it? 

Also, I didn't understand what this meant?  CM2000-> RAX200-> GS716v2-> EX8000---its just my signature with what my current setup is. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7