× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WGR614 Connecting

RonCarter
Follower

WGR614 Connecting

Hi,

I am trying to connect a WGR614 wireless router to a ethernet cable at our church and I can't get to connect, is this possible? I want to a wireless network in my office.

Message 1 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WGR614 Connecting

yes..

been a router , you need to setup WGR as an access point for proper setup

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/965
Message 2 of 7
pettitpeople
Aspirant

I have a macbook, pc, ipad2, and ipod touches all connecting when needed to my WGR614, but an older macbook which previously connected fine recently won't connect. Running the same OS (10.6.8) as the other Mac. It sees the wireless, but when I try to connect, it always gives me a connection timeout reading. Apple store offers no solutions. What do you recommend?
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

pettitpeople wrote:
I have a macbook, pc, ipad2, and ipod touches all connecting when needed to my WGR614, but an older macbook which previously connected fine recently won't connect. Running the same OS (10.6.8) as the other Mac. It sees the wireless, but when I try to connect, it always gives me a connection timeout reading. Apple store offers no solutions. What do you recommend?

do not hijack a thread. post your own thread
Message 4 of 7
PCZero
Aspirant

RonCarter wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to connect a WGR614 wireless router to a ethernet cable at our church and I can't get to connect, is this possible? I want to a wireless network in my office.

Your question is confusing and unclear.If you have an existing network that has a router without a wireless feature, what you really need to do is either buy a new router with wireless to replace the current one (the WGR614 will do this) or simply add a WAP (wireless access point) to the network. You might want to consider a faster wireless router than the WGR614 if your network has a lot of traffic or any high bandwidth use. You can rig the WGR614 to be an access point but it is not optimal at all.
Message 5 of 7
kcrowley53
Aspirant

I moved and want to use the wireless G 614 to access the internet. The router they provided with my DSL does not give me any range. The computer I am using is the one I used before. Do I need to reinstall the software and is my router a good choice to give me about 40 feet of range?
Kevin
Message 6 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

distance on wireless range is very conditional based on environmental you are located. very possible it may works...
Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series