× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WIFI extender (EX6100) won't connect to router

Memnochthedevil
Aspirant

WIFI extender (EX6100) won't connect to router

Hello everyone! So my extender was working fine for a few months but yesterday I was having some issues, reset it and now the wifi light isn't turning on, when I try to set it back up "NETGEAR_EXT" never shows up in my wifi. It won't show up under my products on the nighthawk app. I've also tried factory resetting my main router and using a different device. The troubleshooting website just says to connect to NETGEAR_EXT and follow the set up wizard but I can't do that. Let me know if I need to provide any further details. Thanks
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: WIFI extender (EX6100) won't connect to router

So your leds are showing its powered on and a device is connected to it. just not a router. 

Try hardwiring a pc/laptop into the extender and logging into the extender. From there you should be able to re-run setup on the extender. 

Just make sure that the pc/laptop you connect to it doesn't have the wifi on or it can default to the wifi connection

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You reset by pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds while powered on? 

Are any of the lights on? If so, what color and what leds?

Message 2 of 5
Memnochthedevil
Aspirant

I have and did again. The wps light is on, the power light is on but wifi light isn't on. Actually lol I'll just attach a picture of it
Message 3 of 5
Memnochthedevil
Aspirant

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

So your leds are showing its powered on and a device is connected to it. just not a router. 

Try hardwiring a pc/laptop into the extender and logging into the extender. From there you should be able to re-run setup on the extender. 

Just make sure that the pc/laptop you connect to it doesn't have the wifi on or it can default to the wifi connection

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7