× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN2000RPT :: Cannot enter PSK Key

CaptainNemo
Aspirant

WN2000RPT :: Cannot enter PSK Key

Hi

I've started with the installation of my WN2000RPT to extend my WLAN. I use a WPA/WPA2-PSK encryption. The Netgear does find the network but it seems that the passkey is no accepted - nothing happens... When I configure the WLAN for no encryption, to connection could be established.

I would like to have an encrypted network, so what would be the best way to get it working?

Thanks
Norbert

Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN2000RPT :: Cannot enter PSK Key

Did you try using any of WPA,WPA2, and WPA+WPA2?
Message 2 of 8
CaptainNemo
Aspirant

I tried different configuration, and none was working. Except the unsecured network.

Are there limitations with secured networks?
Message 3 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Issue sound like chipset compatibility for both devices

I would also tru different wireless mode .ex G only etc
Message 4 of 8
idxpired
Guide

very common error with all wn2000rpt

u will have to manually enter all the setings of your router

when u run the setup wizard
it scanns and tells the network available
in place of selecting urs
click manually enter or manually input which is the last choice
then enter the name as ur router's wireless is . make sure that its case sensitive and has to be exactly the same
tehn enter the security type , u can come to know the security type from the very screen where u get stuck, where u cannot proceed after entering ur passphrase or key

see which security type u have, then the last is enter the passphrase in the manual input method and do the setup

good to go
Message 5 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Manual doesnt do much when OP tried and only unsecure setup works.
Providing passphrase upong finding the SSID to connected or manually give SSID and encryption is no different
Message 6 of 8
divinedark
Aspirant

idexpired is right...WN2000RPT has an issue sometimes where is scans for network, ask u to enter the key but the setup wizard doesn't progress to the next step it just freezes there. The only way around is to enter the settings manually like told by idexpired.
Message 7 of 8
CaptainNemo
Aspirant

Yeah, got it to work with entering the data manually. Thanks for this advice!!!

BUT, there is still an issue that there is no "Internet Connection": http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=68168

Thanks
Norbert
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7