× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP PASSWORD

btadams1
Aspirant

WN3000RP PASSWORD

I haven't used this extender in a few years and I cannot remember the password.  It is NOT on the back of the device.  Going to any website doesn't help as I cannot connect to the system using this extender.  I used a paper clip to re-set to factory but it doesn;t help.  How the hell do I log onto this thing? 

Message 1 of 4
StephenB
Guru

Re: WN3000RP PASSWORD

Is your issue connecting to the extender's wifi network, or logging into the extender's web management interface?

Message 2 of 4
btadams1
Aspirant

Both.  Either.  I have the extender.  I want to use it.  It requires a password.  I have NO idea what the password is.  It is not written on the extender and the factory reset doesnt help.  How do I reset the password to actually use it? 

Message 3 of 4
StephenB
Guru

The two passwords are used very differently, so it'd be helpful to know exactly where you are getting stuck.  

Without that, just start over.  Press reset again and don't press WPS.  Look for a network called "NETGEAR_EXT" on your device and join it.  No password will be needed.  You won't be able to reach the internet, but you will be able to browse to www.mywifiext.net.  From there follow the instructions in the manual.  If you get a password prompt in your browser, the default username is admin and the default password is password.

The manual link is here: http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/WN3000RP/WN3000RP_UM_1Feb13.pdf

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7