× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RP extender not connecting to router

Emmmy
Follower

WN3000RP extender not connecting to router

My router is connected to the internet and my PC is connected to my netgear WN3000RP extender but I cant get the extender to connect to the router. It has been working for months before now. The troubleshooting on this website didnt help. Any suggestions??
Message 1 of 8
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: WN3000RP extender not connecting to router

assume main wireless router still works with other wifi devices?
Message 2 of 8
Blach
Aspirant

Got the exact same problem. Today I installed a new router which is working flawless both with cable and WIFI. My problem is my extender doesn't work now. I've done factory reset and tried WSP and manual setup, but the extender won't connect to the router. The routers WIFI show up on the list, but it won't connect for some reason... The installation fails on the last step, where it tried to connect (after the 2 minut wait bar). WSP doesn't work either, I activate it on the router, then on the extender. Then it just times-out after a minut or so. It worked fine with my old setup. New setup: Cisco EPC3925 Old setup: D-LINK DIR-655
Message 3 of 8
Juen
Aspirant

Me three. My netgear worked fine for a long time untill about a week ago. It wont connect to my router (same existing router that it did work with). Also tried factory reset on Netgear Extender as well as my router. I been trying to connect it for the past 6 days. I have holidays coming up and i want to play video games. . Please help.
Message 4 of 8
Advertman
Aspirant

login to your mainrouters via a device laptop etc. and search for something like homenetwork or connected devices and the wn3000rp and delete it from the dhcp list.
now you can begin the setup of the en3000rp again.
it's a static ip failure in the router it happens sometimes.
Message 5 of 8
SarashMom
Novice

so how exactly do I log into my main routers?
Message 6 of 8
bguitron88
Novice

SarashMom wrote:
so how exactly do I log into my main routers?

its simple just type in your default gateway ip and your info should be username:
admin password :password
Message 7 of 8

If your extender worked with your previous router, but not your new router, all else being equal, it could be that your new router supports the new WIFI protocols such a s N.

I configured my router to use BG WIFI only and the extender resumed working.
Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 8 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7