× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3000RPv3 Cuts me off only when changing web pages

WN3000RPv3 Cuts me off only when changing web pages

I recently bought this product, it's working great apart from this issue. Basically I lose connection occasionally when loading web pages. All I have to do to reconnect is disconnect and reconnect again on the wireless icon in the task bar, but as you can imagine that is quite annoying. When watching videos or even playing games it will stay connected the entire time, but if i am browsing the internet it's cutting out probably once every 5-10 minutes.

The internet itself doesn't cut out, all that stops is my connection to it - my phone stays connected (through the extender), and using that to browse the internet never seems to have any problems. It's purely my PC (windows 7, using an edimax nano wireless usb thingy if that is relevant).

I had a quick google search but I couldn't find anything, possibly didn't look hard enough but **** it.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
lurzan
Novice

Re: WN3000RPv3 Cuts me off only when changing web pages

- First, check if the Extender is having the latest firmware, if not upgrade the firmware with the latest version V1.0.1.20 - As the other devices connected to the extender are working good, I believe that the problem could be the wireless adapter of your laptop. So check if there is any driver update for the WLAN adapter and update it. After updating the driver, refresh the driver by uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. - Can also try changing the advance wireless settings like set Roaming Aggressiveness to Highest value. Also uncheck the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power"
Message 2 of 3

Re: WN3000RPv3 Cuts me off only when changing web pages

Ok, thanks.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7