× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WN3500RP Can not connect to mywifiext

scyper
Aspirant

WN3500RP Can not connect to mywifiext

Hi!

I recently bought a range extender but I cannot seem to get it working. I've tried for 48 hours now with no luck. I've read every single thread in the forum and tried everything from getting the IP through my other router, then typing it into the URL bar.

Attempted with both wireless and LAN connection. The light on 2.4 GHz is green as that's the only thing i've set up so far. (I tried with 5 GHz too in case that made a difference)

I've tried with the NETGEAR_EXT / 5GEXT name thing that supposedly caused the incident for someone else. No luck there either.

I've reset the extender and set it up over again about 5 times.

Basically what happens is that I get to the point where it's all ready to go, and after I tick the little box that activates the continue button after I've connected my wireless devices to the extender.

After that point when the default EXTENDER network gets replaced with my new ones, I can't get anywhere, and when I connect to the extended networks it never gets past "unidentified network" which gives it a public network tag.

(That means I can't even find the IP through the network / control panel network map)

I'm about to burst into fire and melt this thing pretty soon.
Message 1 of 3
scyper
Aspirant

Re: WN3500RP Can not connect to mywifiext

I guess I have to return it then.
Message 2 of 3
storm_2003
Novice

Re: WN3500RP Can not connect to mywifiext

If you were able to create a new SSID and password for the EXT, make sure to reconnect on your laptop to the new SSID and type the passphrase.
Else connect wired directly to the EXT and modify the wireless settings. Also check your connection status to the router to make sure you get a valid IP address.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7