× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNDR3400 can't find harddrive via USB

ianhill090776
Follower

WNDR3400 can't find harddrive via USB

Hello all,
I'm running...
WNDR3400 + Transcend storejet 25f 500gb external hard drive + MacBook Pro running Mac OS X v. 10.6.6.
The hard drive is plugged into the USB port on the Router, and I can see it when I log into routerlogin. It's showing at \\readyshare\USB_Storage, Network Connection \\readyshare. I have HTTP enabled, but not HTTP via Internet, FTP or FTP ia Internet.
I want to access to the hard drive via Go to Server or Go to Folder in my MacBook Pro. I've tried U:\ in Go to Folder and all the locations listed in routerlogin via Go to Server, and the MacBook says it can't find the server/folder.
Thoughts?
Your help is much appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
Jack_
Aspirant

Re: WNDR3400 can't find harddrive via USB

Not personal familiar with this device, but most external harddrives must be formatted to FAT32 in order to work with a router's USB port. HTH
Message 2 of 4
sccarlso
Aspirant

To connect to a Windows file share on a Mac you need to use the "Connect to Server" option and put in

smb:\\readyshare

or substitute the IP of the router for the name

smb:\\192.168.1.1\

Mac's running Lion are much more friendly to Windows shares, so if you're using Lion it may just show up in your Network list.

Good luck!
Message 3 of 4
stevewool
Novice

can't find printer via USB
hardrive works but when I attach my HPlaserjet 1000 it does not show up
help please
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos