× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Why does my WiFi Range Extender suck ?

Henrryparth
Initiate

Why does my WiFi Range Extender suck ?

I work from home, and have always had my office downstairs, very close to my modem/router. I currently have Xfinity high speed internet, and on most days I'll be getting anywhere from 25-40mbps. Part of their whole contract thing is using their equipment, which I didn't have a problem with, it's been working fine. My wife and I are expecting our second child this month, so we decided to move my office upstairs in the bonus room so that the room downstairs could be his nursery. My WiFi signal is terribly slow up there. Can barely stream anything. So I go buy a Netgear dual band range extender. $80. I do the whole setup, goes smooth as silk. The extender is in plenty good range of the original modem/router 2in1 thing from Xfinity, and my computer is close to the extender as well, but it's barely improved my situation at all. Can't even watch Netflix. However, both the extender AND my computer say they are receiving 100% signal. Literally. But the speed absolutely blows. Anyone got any answers or tips ?

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
StephenB
Guru

Re: Why does my WiFi Range Extender suck ?

What speed are you seeing when you connect directly to the xfinity wifi from the extender's location?

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7