× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WiFi range extenders - EX3700 and WN3000RP

AlanGotts
Aspirant

WiFi range extenders - EX3700 and WN3000RP

Hi - any advice/assistance would be brilliant if at all possible

I have two Netgear WiFi range extenders [EX3700 and WN3000RP]

I have them set up brill to extend my home network - these with different SSID and passwords to the main home network

What I am trying to organise is for devices that access these extenders to ONLY have access to the internet (from my main router which is obviously on the home network) and not be able to access any other devices that are on the home network

Is this possible?

Someone said I just need to place restrictions on each WiFi extender, no doubt through my MyNetgear (each wifi extender) online support/management page

Any advice would be really appreciated

Thanks

A

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
StephenB
Guru

Re: WiFi range extenders - EX3700 and WN3000RP

@AlanGotts wrote:

What I am trying to organise is for devices that access these extenders to ONLY have access to the internet (from my main router which is obviously on the home network) and not be able to access any other devices that are on the home network

Is this possible?

What you need to do is set up a guest WiFi network on the router.  Then configure the two extenders to extend the guest network, and not your main WiFi.  The extenders have to be in extender mode - it won't work if they are in AP mode.

Note that the devices connected to each extender will be able to reach each other.  However, they won't be able to reach devices connected to your wired network or your router's main wifi network.

Message 2 of 3
AlanGotts
Aspirant

Re: WiFi range extenders - EX3700 and WN3000RP

Many many thanks - advise really appreciated

I will investigate further ref Router and Guest [I think that I have another possible solution - if the Router doesn't offer the Guest functionality and rather than buying a new one with that], I also use devolo powerline adapters to extend the wifi throughout which I believe also have WiFi Guest functionality - so I could always use this if I get a deadend with the router

Thanks again

Wishing you a good rest of the week

ASll the very best

A

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7