× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Wifi extender via Ethernet

NiganKhan
Follower

Wifi extender via Ethernet

Hello everyone,,

I have recently built a garden office and have run a cat5 Ethernet cable from my router in my house to the garden office. Can anyone suggest the best Wi-fi extender that can plug into the Ethernet socket which will create Wi-fi in the garden office. Power line extenders don’t work which was why I put in an Ethernet socket. Thanks

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Wifi extender via Ethernet

the best? Usually a triband setup. Basically pick the most expensive extender netgear offers. But I'm betting if its a garden office, it probably doesn't quite need the best, it just needs to meet certain requirements.  A better option would be to go to the netgear extender page and use the options menu on the left to select the features you want/need in an extender. It'll then filter out the ones you don't and leave you a list to choose from. 

Another option would be to utilize a router running in Access point mode. If you've got ethernet ran out there an old router or a new one can run in AP mode and have the same capabilities as an extender in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7