× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

creating offline mesh network, without internet , what model i should use? most needs internet

Abdoh
Aspirant

creating offline mesh network, without internet , what model i should use? most needs internet

hello, i hope you have a great day, 
looking to create an offline local mesh network to make our devices contact one another, most routers i found needs to be connected to a central modem (internet company modem) and it just creates bigger network.

i need to create one big mesh network using more routers with one name, what models should i look into.

thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: creating offline mesh network, without internet , what model i should use? most needs internet

Any of them should do they job if you only need a local network. 

but you might find that many of your other devices won't work. many of my IoT devices need an internet connection to work as they run through an online server

Message 2 of 4
Abdoh
Aspirant

Re: creating offline mesh network, without internet , what model i should use? most needs internet

so any Netgear router should do the job ? for example (orbi series), because other companies like tp link deco routers need internet connection.

our IoT devices do not connect to outside servers because it just do calculations and sends data locally.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I haven't tried my BE series orbi's without internet but I did on the AC/AX series and they were fine

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7