× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

devices not seeing one of networks, ac1900 wifi range extender model EX7000

Scott_F
Follower

devices not seeing one of networks, ac1900 wifi range extender model EX7000

I installed the nighthawk ac1900 wifi extender, model EX7000 a few days ago. Everything was working great, my devices could see both networks and i could connect to them. I downloaded the latest firmware. The past few days, my devices can not view one of the networks, either the 2G or 5G. It depends, usually I restart everything and they both show back up for awhile, then one disappears. The extender itself says that everthing is running fine, both networks are green and ready to go. Miwifiext.net also shows that both the 2G and 5G are running at full power. But my devices: iphone 6s, macbook pro, xbox one, vizio 4k TV only can see one network. A representative had me reset the extender and install again last night. Again, both networks were visible to devices and everything was fine. But this morning, the 2G disappeared again to all devices. This is driving me crazy. Any ideas? Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
Pancakes01
Aspirant

Re: devices not seeing one of networks, ac1900 wifi range extender model EX7000

I have had this happen with my R6300v2 router I have that happen every 5 weeks I just unplug it and wait 30 seconds and then plug it back in and it works fine for up to a month

Message 2 of 3
Pancakes01
Aspirant

Re: devices not seeing one of networks, ac1900 wifi range extender model EX7000

Anyway I would just do a hard restart on your extender.

or reset your router to factory default settings

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7