× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ex6100 multiple IP addresses in router

Voluspa
Aspirant

ex6100 multiple IP addresses in router

Hello,

Recently I accessed my wireless routers asmin settings, and in the attached devices I noticed 5-8 devices connected that all had the same MAC address but do not have the same IP address, now I checked my devices and couldnt find a MAC Address that matched.

After abit of googling I found that the first three parts of the MAC (02:0f:b5) were part of the extender address...

TL:DR why would my 6100 extender be displaying 5-8 ip addresses? My wireless router is a dgn2200.
Message 1 of 4
fordem
Mentor

Re: ex6100 multiple IP addresses in router

That's normal with wireless extenders - the ip addresses will be assigned to the devices connected to the extender, but their MAC addresses will not be shown because they do not communicate directly with the router, their data traffic passes through the extender.
Message 2 of 4
Voluspa
Aspirant

Thanks Fordem,

However i only have 4 devices that are using that extender, 2 phones, 1 laptop and 1 ps4, plus the ps4 has a static IP but the static IP isnt one of those displayed.
Message 3 of 4
fordem
Mentor

You might want to recheck what you think you have connected ... I'm only explaining why you see what you see - the multiple ip addresses linked to a single MAC - it's perfectly normal when using a range extender or a wireless access point. If you're seeing more ip addresses that you think you should, then you need to investigate why - it could be as simple as your having devices that you have forgotten about - I've seen other people do that, I've also seen other people reporting their smartphones as showing up with multiple addresses, and of course, it is also possible that you have "unauthorized users".
Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7