× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

iPhone app support

FloosemanDave
Aspirant

iPhone app support

I was directed to the AC1900 to extend WiFi in my house because of dead spaces. I purchased this and got it home only to find out that mobile app setup and support is only available from Google Play. I am an iPhone user. Is the same app available at the Apple App Store or do I return this product for a refund?
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0
Message 1 of 11
FloosemanDave
Aspirant

Re: iPhone app support

Added note: this is a Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extender. It has ‘Model# EX7000’ on the box. I have not opened the box yet. If I cannot get iPhone app support for this product, I will need to return it for a refund.
Message 2 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

YEs the app support EX extenders. My 7700 shows up. 

Message 3 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Which App are you talking of here?

Message 4 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@FloosemanDave wrote:
I purchased this and got it home only to find out that mobile app setup and support is only available from Google Play. I am an iPhone user. Is the same app available at the Apple App Store or do I return this product for a refund?

Added note: this is a Nighthawk WiFi Mesh Extender. It has ‘Model# EX7000’ on the box.

No idea which App is mentioned there on the box. To my knowledge, there is no "generic" App supporting the the extenders as an independent device.

Granted, the Netgear Genie App when configured with a supported Netgear router (recent releases deny working with routers supported by the Netgear Nighthawk App) does allow to "jump" over to the extender on the network map - mainly to see and to some extent control the devices connected to the extender.

Similar, the new Nighthawk App is (let's say supposed) to show the Nighthawk Mesh Extenders _if_ connected to a Nighthawk App supported Netgear router. 

However, there is no standalone app for Netgear extenders. Unless they did something new on the Nighthawk App I?m not aware of. But not sure on how this should have made it to the EX7000 colour box - unless this was renewed since the Mesh firmware is available for this device (does it say EX7000 Mech Extender or the like on the box?).

[Edit]

When looking at e.g. the EX7700 support site, Netgear does show the Nighthawk App (available for both Android and iOS). This is confiremd when checking the https://kb.netgear.com/000055505/Which-products-support-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app - this does list the EX7700 - however no other recent Netgear Mesh Extenders. Time permitting, I will check of the Nigthawk App does detect a EX7000 in a non-Netgear router environment with a customer site later this week.

@Christian_R  @ChristineT  can we get some update of the intended App usage for the many other Mesch Extender models? If I'm lost - what should your customers be, please?

[/Edit]

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

The NH app. 

@schumaku wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Message 6 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

The NH app. 

@schumaku wrote:

@FURRYe38 wrote:

That's what I suspected - see above for details ... Netgear consumer business unit at it's best again!

Message 7 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

It should be working if it's listed as supported. Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 11
schumaku
Guru

@FURRYe38 wrote:

It should be working if it's listed as supported. Smiley Indifferent

Agree - however only the EX7700 is listed. I'm confused.

Message 9 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible the web info needs to be updated. I'm asking a friend who has a EX8000 is his works for him.

Message 10 of 11
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @FloosemanDave,

The EX7700 is the only extender supported by the Nighthawk app as stated in the KB article below. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000055505/Which-products-support-the-NETGEAR-Nighthawk-app

~Christian 

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7