× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

internet connectivity stops working randomly WN2000RPT v3 universal wifi range extender

Tezk
Aspirant

internet connectivity stops working randomly WN2000RPT v3 universal wifi range extender

There is internet connection from the main router but on the range extender it randomly stops connecting to the internet. The computer/ smart phone/ whatever device it is, shows that it is still connected to the range extender but that there is no internet connectivity. This happens at random intervals and it doesn't help to use the computer's troubleshooter, you just have to wait until it decides to have internet connectivity.

Model: WN2000RPTv3|WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
doraemon
Prodigy

Re: internet connectivity stops working randomly WN2000RPT v3 universal wifi range extender

Change location.

If this happens, will you still see power on the extender?

Use an updated firmware too. 

Message 2 of 4
Tezk
Aspirant

Re: internet connectivity stops working randomly WN2000RPT v3 universal wifi range extender

Changing location doesn't help. The firmware is up to date. I am actually on the extender network now with PC and it's fine but my phone and tablet won't connect, and this doesn't mean I can only connect one device at a time; at other times all devices will be working but mostly what happens is that all devices won't have internet connectivity. The latest thing that has happended with the extender is that it will show no wifi connection, I am able to connect a device to the extender but when i try to connect to mywifiext.net to log into the router to try fix the problem it can't even do that, the light showing wifi signal that can either be green, yellow, or red depending on signal strength just goes off, and even if I turn the extender off and on it does not fix the problem. Again I have to wait until the extender decides to work.

Model: WN2000RPTv3|WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Tezk

I would try to change the wireless channel first see if that improves the connection. If not you may want to factory reset the extender and do the setup again.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7