× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

moving to a new house - Orbi router and extender

Hnsipan
Aspirant

moving to a new house - Orbi router and extender

I have a Orbi router and extender that has been working great in my house.

we are all moving this weekend to a new place.

I am getting a new internet service with a new modem at the new place.

I can set up the new modem at the new location pretty easy. do I just pretned that I am setting up the Orbi like I did the first time?

is there a easy instruction to follow since I did not keep the manaul and the box for my Orbi?

should I use the same wifi name and password as I have set here? or that is a recipe for confusion?

Thank you all for the help

just trying to be prepared so I can set up the system as smooth as possible

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: moving to a new house - Orbi router and extender

It'll make it easier for you if during the re-install that you use the same ssid/password.

I understand you're just switching to a new isp/modem. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

@Hnsipan wrote:

I have a Orbi router and extender that has been working great in my house.

we are all moving this weekend to a new place.

I am getting a new internet service with a new modem at the new place.

I can set up the new modem at the new location pretty easy. do I just pretned that I am setting up the Orbi like I did the first time?---I would. Tends to make things go smoother. 

is there a easy instruction to follow since I did not keep the manaul and the box for my Orbi?  there sure is! go to netgear.com/support/   type in the model for your specific orbi and it'll take you to the support site with manuals, firmware, guides, etc. 

should I use the same wifi name and password as I have set here? or that is a recipe for confusion?---Use the same SSID/password. I swap device all the time and I haven't had a device not reconnect when using the same ssid/password.  

Thank you all for the help

just trying to be prepared so I can set up the system as smooth as possible

Message 2 of 4
Hnsipan
Aspirant

Thank you so much Plemans Guru

much appreciated.

just to be clear I am swaping internet service and provider all together. not just devices.

so you still recommend trying to set up the wifi and password the same for my Orbi?

just making sure

I guess if that works then I do not have to worry about all our phones, tablet, laptops, ... all should reconnect at the new place right?

thanks again

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

It'll make it easier for you if during the re-install that you use the same ssid/password.

I understand you're just switching to a new isp/modem. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7