× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

red light blinking on device

rpunossbc
Aspirant

red light blinking on device

hello..we bought an extender ex2700 a couple of days ago..everything was perfectly fine until this morning i noticed there is blinking red light on the device..what does that mean?thank you
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: red light blinking on device

tough to tell because there's more than 1 led on the device and you didn't give us much info.

If you go to netgear.com/support/   type in the model number. It'll take you to the support site with the manual that goes over what each led is and means. 

Message 2 of 7
rpunossbc
Aspirant

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

it means the connection between the extender and a device connecting to the extender is poor. 

Message 4 of 7
rpunossbc
Aspirant

so meaning theres no problem between the router & the extender right?its just the device connecting to the extender?i put a cctv cam on the garage that my main concern right now..should i change the position of the ext nearer to the cctv?
Message 5 of 7
rpunossbc
Aspirant

its not solid red though its just blinking for about 25secs then go green then blinks red again
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

It must be that. 

You can try moving it closer. At a certain point you'll start having issues connecting from the router to the extender though.

its kind of a balancing act

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7