× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

wifi help area coverage

rongo69
Follower

wifi help area coverage

Problems i'm extender is to far from house to give me good wifi coverage for my firestick tv.

I get the internet thru extender from the source router 300-400 ft away. Then i have a cable out the back of extender to the house 100-150 ft to a switch. then i have pc's thru out the house run of the switch. this all works fine. but i need more wifi not hardline to work fire tv or cell phones. have been tring to put a router in my pc room near the switch to produce wifi coverage in house, but i'm not getting correct setting to reproduce internet thru the router off the switch. i have tried 3 different routers a tenda ac1200, wavlink and a netgear wnr2020. do i give the ssid name the same as the main unit ? main is 10.0.0.1 So given the name to the router in my pc room 10.0.0.3

Model: EX6200v2|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: wifi help area coverage

A bit confusing as what you're trying. 

If you're home is that far from the internet source, I'd be looking at a point to point system versus using an extender. They'd have much higher throughput so the base speed coming into your home is faster. 

Is that the issue you're having? 

Reason I say this is if you're speeds coming into the home are to low, it doesn't matter what router you have in the home, it isn't going to increase your speeds. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7