× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

WNR2000v3 firmware upgrade

rbhall52
Follower

WNR2000v3 firmware upgrade

I just got an email today about a firmware upgrade for my WNR2000v3 router. I followed the instructions in the email, and also logged into my router to check the firmware version number. The router's firmware version is the same as the version mentioned online for the upgrade, so can I assume that I already have the firmware upgrade I need? If I do, then kudos to netgear's router software and server for mentioning the upgrade some weeks before I actually got the message about the upgrade.

I am on windows 7 home premium 64bit, with 8gb ram, and a 500gb hard drive.

Model: WNR2000v3|N300 Wireless Router|EOL
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: WNR2000v3 firmware upgrade

Welcome to the community, @rbhall52

The latest firmware for your router is 1.1.2.14.

If that's what you have then you have the latest firmware installed. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @rbhall52

The latest firmware for your router is 1.1.2.14.

If that's what you have then you have the latest firmware installed. 

Message 2 of 7
SupeDogg
Aspirant

Hello,

I have followed the instructions, but I do not have a "maintenance" button when I log in to my router.  Please help me with the firmware upgrade. 

Thank you,

Jeff

Message 3 of 7
kperry5465
Aspirant

I had the same email and tried following the steps to upgrade the firm ware, but I am unable to log into the router - it says I am not connected to the WiFi network even though I am on a computer that is connected via LAN and it says "Connected."  I powered down the router and then powered back up, but that didn't help. I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it.

Message 4 of 7
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@SupeDogg What's the exact version of your router? You can always update the firmware manually or using the auto firmware update on the router. I suggest that you verify the exact model number of your router and download the manual here.

@kperry5465 I suggest that you verify the IP address of your router by following the steps from the link below. 

How do I locate my router’s IP address?

Message 5 of 7
SupeDogg
Aspirant

Thank you for responding, Elaine.  Netgear N300 WiFi Cable Modem Router. Model C3000.  I do not see anywhere on the router itself to upgrade...only an on/off button on the back.  I downloaded the manual, but do not see anything regarding "maintenance." 

Thank you,

Jeff

Message 6 of 7
Angel94
Aspirant

HI Supe Dog

Usually firmware upgrades for C devices are done by the cable providers

If you call your internet service provider they will be able to upgrade the firmware for you

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7