SXR80.

Firmware V4.3.2.100

2 Satellites all on same firmware.

I have 3 Wireless networks enabled:

Sfeir
Sfeir_Kids
Sfeir_IOT

Each Wireless network has its own VLan.

I usually turn off Sfeir_Kids during the week either via the web interface or Insights app. I set Enable Wireless 2 to unchecked. This has worked for a while. Two days ago, with no change at all, even though the wireless 2 is disabled (and I can see that in both the web interface and Insights), and I can see in the web interface that it clearly says on the Home page Wireless  Status: Not Enabled, and I see the red Wireless 2 picture in advanced, the wifi is still up, and anyone with the password can get on.

I rebooted the router of course. No change.

I turned off the router and the ISP box (ATT Fiber), waited 5 minutes and rebooted everything. No Change.

I searched the web to see if anyone else has run into this. Nothing.

What gives?

please don't tell me to do a factory reset, that's just not an acceptable answer.

Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: SXR80 Wireless 2 disabled but still accessible to users

Bump
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You'll need to factory reset and setup from scratch. Use a wired PC and web browser to set up the SXR. Don't use Insight app. Go immediately in and uncheck the Wireless 2 option. Don't change any of the SSID just yet. Apply the change, I'd do a soft reboot of the SXR, then once back to ready, see if the Wireless 2 radio is actually need by any of your devices. 

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

That's got to be the laziest answer I've ever read. Do you realize the hours of work that would take? I'd rather throw this thing out and buy a different product if that's the only solution. 

So clearly this is a bug. There should never be a time where the hardware misbehaves and the answer is: got set it all back up, including the 150 various devices on your network.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

You should already have a backup configuration saved to file for safe keeping and in case of a need of a factory reset. Saves time if a Factory set is needed. Factory reset is a valid troubleshooting step which is necessary sometime to validate problems and also resolve them. And if you use same Wifi Configuration after the reset, devices would and shoot reconnect. Would not take hours and hours. 

If you feel this is a bug, then you'll need to contact NG support.

Good Luck.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements