Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote access to music using Android App

slam_bert
Follower

Remote access to music using Android App

I am trying to set up my ReadyNas to allow me to get remote access so that I can listen to music stored on the NAS on my Android phone.

I can access the files on my phone via the ReadyCloud app, but when I try and open one of the files remotely to listen to it, I get 'The location http//127.0.0.1:8787/'filename'.mp3' cannot be played. These files play happily on on LAN so I must be missing something on the Readycloud set up, but I have no idea what.

I am not very teccy, so if you are happy to help please could any response bear this in mind.

If relevant, the model is a ReadyNAS 31200, although I can't get this in the model field for seom reason.

Model: ReadyNAS-3100|ReadyNAS-3100
Message 1 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Remote access to music using Android App

Hi @slam_bert

Welcome to the Community!

What app are you using to play music? Have you tried playing another file or a smaller file or a different music app?

You can play music files from ReadyCloud to your mobile phone using the music player installed. You just need to have access to the files and make sure to have a good internet connection to access your NAS remotely. There is a possibility that a connection outside your LAN is being blocked by your ISP or connection times out resulting on the file not being played.

I have it working on an Android 4.4 and RN214, and it plays all my favorite music. I'm using mobile data connection and the music app to play it.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Message 2 of 5
Marc_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi @slam_bert

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved, we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accept as Solution” or post what resolved it and mark it as solution so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution.

The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
ureliaurelia
Aspirant

I also have a question, thank you. but your music storage is not very standard.

Message 4 of 5
StephenB
Guru

@ureliaurelia wrote:

I also have a question, thank you. but your music storage is not very standard.

Best to start your own discussion (giving details), and not attempt to resurrect a 6 year old thread.

ReadyCloud was taken down last summer, so not an option for remote access anymore.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements