× NETGEAR will be terminating ReadyCLOUD service by July 1st, 2023. For more details click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

READY NAS 104

VL_Rock
Aspirant

READY NAS 104

I am able to access my files stored on by ReadyNAS 104 from Windows 11 Explorer, but I am unable to "manage" my device using "RAIDar" or "Ready Cloud" (which I think might be obsolete at this point)..  When I attempt to access my device using RAIDar, I get the message:  "Your NETGEAR storage is NOT accessible from this computer.  Check your network settings."

ReadyNAS 104 

Firmware 6.10.7

IP Address 192.168.42.15

All drives are in working order

After reading other posts from folks seeking help, I've made sure the SMB 1.0 service is indeed set up, so that's NOT the problem.  I think the problem may be that, a long time back, I set up a fixed IP Address when DHCP kept changing the IP Address for my Ready NAS .... and since then I've run through multiple ISPs and gone through multiple routers unique to each of those ISPs, and now, my ReadyNAS IP Address is in a different range than EVERYTHING else on our home network, e.g., the ReadyNAS is in the 192.168.45,xx range, but everything else is in the 1962.168.12.xx range. (Checked that using Adv IP Scanner.)

Given that I'm unable to log into the AdminPage using RAIDar, can anyone give me some help in how I might change the static IP address such that it's in the same IP Address range as everything else .... and whether that might indeed be the reason I'm unable to access the ReadyNAS from RAIDar?

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru

Re: READY NAS 104

@VL_Rock wrote:

I've made sure the SMB 1.0 service is indeed set up,

Not needed for ReadyNAS running 6.x firmware, so actually not necessary.

@VL_Rock wrote:

the ReadyNAS is in the 192.168.45.xx range, but everything else is in the 1962.168.12.xx range.

That is a problem (and it is surprising that you can access files from file explorer).

Do an OS-reinstall from the front panel.  Instructions are on pages 28-29 here:

That will

• reset the NAS network configuration to use DHCP with no bonding
  • reset the admin password to password
  • disable volume quota (which can be re-enabled on the volume settings wheel)

Then look in your router for a way to assign an IP address to the NAS.  Sometimes the feature is called "IP Address Reservation", though it can also be called "Mac Address Reservation" or "ARP Binding".  Most routers have the feature - if you can't find it, post a link to manual.

@VL_Rock wrote:

"ReadyCloud" (which I think might be obsolete at this point).

ReadyCloud was shut down by Netgear last summer.  RAIDar works, but all it is doing is launching your browser to https://nas-ip-address/admin, so if you know the IP address there is no need to use RAIDar to get to the web UI.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8

All Replies
VL_Rock
Aspirant

I've also tried to log directly into the Admin page from a browser using http://192.168.42.15/admin, but I get the error message:

This site can’t be reached

192.168.42.15 took too long to respond.

Message 2 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@VL_Rock wrote:

I've made sure the SMB 1.0 service is indeed set up,

Not needed for ReadyNAS running 6.x firmware, so actually not necessary.

@VL_Rock wrote:

the ReadyNAS is in the 192.168.45.xx range, but everything else is in the 1962.168.12.xx range.

That is a problem (and it is surprising that you can access files from file explorer).

Do an OS-reinstall from the front panel.  Instructions are on pages 28-29 here:

That will

• reset the NAS network configuration to use DHCP with no bonding
  • reset the admin password to password
  • disable volume quota (which can be re-enabled on the volume settings wheel)

Then look in your router for a way to assign an IP address to the NAS.  Sometimes the feature is called "IP Address Reservation", though it can also be called "Mac Address Reservation" or "ARP Binding".  Most routers have the feature - if you can't find it, post a link to manual.

@VL_Rock wrote:

"ReadyCloud" (which I think might be obsolete at this point).

ReadyCloud was shut down by Netgear last summer.  RAIDar works, but all it is doing is launching your browser to https://nas-ip-address/admin, so if you know the IP address there is no need to use RAIDar to get to the web UI.

Message 3 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

Assuming you didn't set a fixed address for both ports, just use the other LAN port to gain access and then change it..

Message 4 of 8
VL_Rock
Aspirant

Thank you very much ... that fixed my issue.  It's now in the same 192.168;12.xx range as everything else, and I can get into the administration page. RAIDar is working as well.  I've been putting up with that nuisance for quite some time, and I really do need to either re-arrange where the data is being stored and/or add one or more larger drives as it's running out of space.  Again, thank you very much for the explanation and assist.

Message 5 of 8
Sandshark
Sensei

You may want to reserve an IP address in your router instead of setting a static IP for the next time this happens.  Not as big a deal as on units with just one LAN port, though.

Message 6 of 8
saudade
Apprentice

A reservation is my preferred method as well.  I have one for my ReadyNAS DUO, my WD EX4 and my HP printer.

Message 7 of 8
StephenB
Guru

@saudade wrote:

A reservation is my preferred method as well.  I have one for my ReadyNAS DUO, my WD EX4 and my HP printer.

I also reserve a lot of addresses.

@VL_Rock- if you reserve the address, then if you replace the router, the NAS will still connect - you'll only need to assign a new address to it. 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements