Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Armor tied to previous owner

tn12
Aspirant

Netgear Armor tied to previous owner

I purchased a refurbished Orbi Mesh system, and was able to successfully register it. However, in the Orbi app under Armor, another email address is listed. I have no way to remove it, is there a moderator who can assist with this?

Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear Armor tied to previous owner

You may need to reach out to NG support:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/td-p/2211063/jump-to/first...

You might send the email address you see there a message using that email address and ask to see if whom ever responds can also get it removed.

@KevinLiT 

Message 2 of 8
Brainjohn011
Aspirant

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/td-p/2211063/jump-to/first... click

You might send the email address you see there a message using that email address and ask to see if whom ever responds can also get it removed.

@KevinLiT 

Thanks for providing link to NG support.

Message 3 of 8
tn12
Aspirant

After waiting a week for a response (after being ghosted on the chat several times), this is what I got:

If your Netgear router is still registered to someone else's Armor account, you will need to contact the reseller and inform them to have the owner unregister the router from their armor Account in order to remove the router.” not super practical.

The armor icon on the web url says not active, just the armor tab on the iOS app. Does that give the ability for the previous owner to log in remotely or monitor traffic?

Message 4 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

If the router wasn't deregistered from there account, I would think there is that possibility. 

@KevinLiT 

I recommend you factory reset the router and setup from scratch with the router disconnected from the ISP modem/ONT, and use a wired PC and web browser to set up the router first. Once it's setup, connect it to the ISP Modem/ONT. Avoid using the mobile app to activate any Armor services. 

Make contact with the seller to have them remove the router from there account or make contact with NG support and have them remove it and get it registered to you.

Message 5 of 8
tn12
Aspirant

I factory reset it prior to setting it up, it is even registered to my account. In the web app, the armor status is "not activated". It is just the iOS app that is odd, since once I go that tab is says that Armor is registered to another account.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you get this router from someone or a re-seller? 

Will probably need NG support to get to removed. 

@KevinLiT 

Message 7 of 8
Hasnainmir
Tutor

@FURRYe38 wrote:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/Armor-Help-and-Information/td-p/2211063/jump-to/first...click 

@KevinLiT 

Thank you for providing the link but they haven't replied to my query yet

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7