× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

341u on Windows 10 Surface Book

Nati_S
Tutor

341u on Windows 10 Surface Book

I recently purchased a Surface book and am encountering connectivity issues. The aircard itself seems to be working on another laptop with windows version 7.

When I plug it into the windows 10 surface book, the true install seems to run, I can see it in device manager, no trouble signs on the modem or usb ports so I dont believe its a driver issue.

Also, I installed the aircard watcher and when it initially opens it states modem detected, then within seconds changes to No Device Detected. I also cant access sprint modem page as it states there no internet connectivity available.

Lastly, I know the modem signal strength is fine as the display screen does indicate signal strength and my current data usage.

Called Sprint and they were no help whatsoever. This aircard is listed as windows 10 compatible. I also updated all firmware and drivers on the aircard through my windows 7laptop.

I am wondering if it is usb issue so I took the following steps.

Reinstall Driver

1. If possible, download and install the newest driver from the device manufacturer.
  2. If you're unable to obtain a new driver, continue with these steps.
  3. Using Windows 10 or Windows 8, hold the Widows key and press the 'x' key to open a menu in the lower-left and select "Device Manager." Using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, open the Start Menu, type "Device Manager" in the search field, and press ENTER.
  4. Locate the device and right-click it.
  5. Select "Uninstall."
  6. Reboot the computer.

Power Management and USB Controller

1. Open the Device Manager as explained previously.
  2. Expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers."
  3. Right-click each entry titled "USB Root Hub" and select "Properties."
  4. Change to the "Power Management" tab.
  5. Uncheck the check box next to "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power."
  6. Press "OK."
  7. Repeat this for each "USB Root Hub" entry.
  8. Reboot the computer.

Uninstall and Reinstall the USB Controller

1. Open the Device Manager as explained previously.
  2. Expand "Universal Serial Bus controllers."
  3. Right-click each entry under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" and select "Uninstall."
  4. Ensure you've done this for each entry under "Universal Serial Bus controllers."
  5. Reboot the computer.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Model: AirCard 341U (Sprint)|Hotspots
Message 1 of 2
Mi3keB
Aspirant

Re: 341u on Windows 10 Surface Book

I have same issue with a 340U (AT&T version of the same device) on my Dell 9350 (XPS 15) Ultrabook.  I posted a simliar thread here.

I found another post (here) from @Jlittle489 where a work-around was to use a powered USB hub or a cable that allows for plugging the device into two USB ports, so it can draw more power.  I have not tried either of those work-arounds as yet, but one of them might work for you.

If you do find a real solution, please let me know...

Thanks, and good luck.  🙂

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7