× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Nighthawk M6 Pro Unlocked Hotspot 5G mmWave

Cannot login to VEGN2610-1FXAUS (Foxtel Hub) using Netgear Genie software

lksmr
Aspirant

Cannot login to VEGN2610-1FXAUS (Foxtel Hub) using Netgear Genie software

Hi,

Can someone tell me whether there is a version of Netgear Genie Desktop that is compatible with the Foxtel Hub (VEGN2610-1FXAUS). I have tried v2.4.28 and v2.4.38 which fails to login to the router. I can see that network map works on my desktop running XP but cannot get the live parental control to show up the individual device filtering. Some time ago I had v2.4.38 working perfectly and had the ability to change the filtering for individual devices on the network map and setup OpenDNS parental control. But all of a sudden this stop working and now I cannot access the Modem via Genie.

The firmware on the Modem is V1.0.0.36_1.0.36 which I beleive is the latest available for this model. This Modem is specifically provided by Foxtel (ISP in Australia).

Any help is appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Cannot login to VEGN2610-1FXAUS (Foxtel Hub) using Netgear Genie software

Hello Iksmr

This is not a router that is fully supported by genie sometimes it would work because it has similar specs as other units.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 5
lksmr
Aspirant

Hi DarrenM,

Thanks for your reply.

Some time ago I had v2.4.38 running perfectly with access to filtering of individual devices on the network. I did nothing for this feature to suddenly stop working. I didn't update the firmware on the router which was already running the latest available version nor I did update the Genie version on my desktop. If this is the case how would it break? I don't think I can downgrade the firmware on the router as I cannot get the older version which was there originally (I think it was 1.0.0.16). However, is there application support for older versions of Genie Desktop? If so, please let me know the link to download and test older versions. The oldest I have so far is v2.4.28 and it behaves the same as the later version of the software.

Thanks, lksmr

Message 3 of 5
Gavenw
Aspirant

Hi I too have the exact same problem and so far have been unable to find a solution . How did you go with it or is there someone out there with any information thanks

Message 4 of 5
lksmr
Aspirant

I have not got a solution from anyone for this problem. I am totally given up on this and not pursuing anymore.

Model: AC327U|3G USB Modem/HSUPA
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7