Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Ixnowx
Follower
Follower
My Arlo GO camera triggers too many motion notifications. Camera is fixed on a beam, no wind, no trees there’s nothing around it that moves. All I notice on the videos is a change in light (day time) like a shade. But there’s nothing around it that casts a shade. It’s consuming all my minutes.
3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It's possible that the sun's IR i sbeing reflected. What is your sensitivity setting for motion? Try reducing it (80% is the default) significantly until the false trigger cease and then slowly raise it until satisfied. You may need different settings for different times of day so create multiple modes and schedule them appropriately.

fivehands
Initiate
Initiate
How do I change the default to make it less sensitive and could I have a delay after each motion is detected
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There are FAQs here with full details, quickly use the Mode tab, click on your camera and edit your modes (Armed by default). All settings are in there including sensitivity. However, there's no way to set a delay between recordings - if motion continues, a recording will end, a short delay while the system resets and then more recordings. Sensitivity would be the only way to minimize the recordings although camera positioning may help.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation