Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I add an Arlo Go to my account without having camera physically at my phone?

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Knuckledragger
Tutor
Tutor

I use the Go in my security business.  I had to add two cameras and they where activated and installed by an employee who gave me access.  Now I need to add a mode (monitor only, no email reporting).  I don’t see the mode showing up as it is a shared camera now.  Can I put this somehow on my account with having to have phone and camera in same place?  

Thanks in advance!

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

I would have set them up in my own account and shared with others. However, the "owner" of the master account apparently didn't give you the additional access rights when he granted access to you. Have him go back under Grant Access and change your settings.

Knuckledragger
Tutor
Tutor

Yes he gave me access rights but but for some reason that doesn’t allow me to add a ‘Mode’.  Which seems to be the only place I can have it monitor only with out sending emails.  It’s shows my cameras and I have the option to add a mode.  But the shared cameras listed don’t have the add a mode option.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Ok, that's because they are shared. The master account will need to add the new mode. If this is going to be an ongoing issue, have him remove the camera from his account so you can be the owner. Then share with him if needed. Physical presence with the camera will be needed.

Knuckledragger
Tutor
Tutor

He claims he did add the mode but I can’t see it when I look at the app?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Can't think of a reason why that would happen. Try logging out of the app and back in. Try a browser on a computer, too. Have him show you that the mode is actually there.

Knuckledragger
Tutor
Tutor

I was baffled too and in fact did have him show me it was there.  But yet still not showing up as an option on my app..

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Knuckledragger,

When "Allow Access Rights" is toggled on this grants the shared user rights to change modes. Are you sure he toggled "Allow Access Rights" on in addition to sharing the camera?

How do I edit my friend's privileges in my Arlo account?

What privileges do my friends have when I grant them access rights in my Arlo account?

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation