Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
StevenPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have three Go cameras. On the app, the microphone icon is greyed out for all three. How do I activate the mic button?

7 REPLIES 7
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Is the mic enabled in Settings, My Devices, your camera?
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

I found the browser to also make a difference with the Q..( I know its the go )... try Chrome of FireFox

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
StevenPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Are you referencing the Settings on my iPhone or on the Arlo app? If the former, I don't see My Devices as an option. If the latter, I don't have a camera option under Settings. Sorry to be so dense.

If this is any help, when I live stream my camera, not only is the microphone icon grayed out, but also the two icons to the right of the pause button are grayed out. I have good sound from the camera to my iPhone app.

Thanks for your guidance.

StevenPaul
Aspirant
Aspirant

Because I check the cameras on my iPhone using the Arlo app, the browser choice is not relevant, correct?

Thanks for your help.

TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

StevenPaul wrote:

Because I check the cameras on my iPhone using the Arlo app, the browser choice is not relevant, correct?

Thanks for your help.

Correct, I didn't see the device mentioned in the OP...

But you could attempt to try on a browser/pc to determine if it is the GO or the phone. ( if the system is functional out side of phone , it would then point to phone or app issue )

Morse is faster than texting!
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

StevenPaul wrote:

Are you referencing the Settings on my iPhone or on the Arlo app? If the former, I don't see My Devices as an option. If the latter, I don't have a camera option under Settings. Sorry to be so dense.

The app. In Settings, at the top, is a section labeled My Devices.  The camera is found there.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

StevenPaul,

Are you accessing from the primary account or a shared account? If the account is shared, it sounds like you may not have access rights enabled.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation