Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Pro 2 Camera losses connection need a notification

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
foringerj
Follower
Follower

I have two arlo pro 2's and the one losses connection to the base station periodically, not often maybe once every couple of weeks.  It records my pool area 24/7 and low and behold had an issue today where I needed to view the video to find out that it lost connection at 4am and didn't record all day.  I have been paying 10 bucks a month for recording and the one time I need it, it doesn't work, figures.  Anyway, is there a notification that I can set up to get a text or email when a camera losses connection??  

By the way, I have no idea why it loses connection, it is about 10 feet from the base and there are no RF devices anywhere in the room.  I have a front house camera much further away on a battery that works flawlessly  

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

foringerj,

At this time, there isn't a feature to text or email when a camera loses it's connection. You might try swapping the camera in the front with the camera that is dropping connection. This will help identify if there is an issue at that camera's location or an issue with the camera.

JamesC

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation