Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo pro 2 requiring subscriptions

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have 4 Arlo Pro 2 (H3) with a base station (VMB4000r3). I also have Arlo Pro 4 (H4) which is also connected to the base. I had a paid subscription for a year. Now the subscription is expired. Now 3 of my Arlo Pro 2 are saying a paid subscription is required to activate the device. I can't even see the live camera. I thought Arlo Pro 2 have 7 days of free recordings and no need a paid subscription to use them. Not sure what is happening. Reboot the base station and still having the same issue. Any help is appreciated. On the other hand, I can still see all the cameras via Apple Home.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
All resolved. This is what I did. removed one camera from the group. And then go through the syncing process to add it again. Somehow all the cameras are working again and started recording.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@pyi wrote:
I thought Arlo Pro 2 have 7 days of free recordings and no need a paid subscription to use them. 

There is a limit of 5 unsubscribed cameras in the account (that has always been the case).

You list 5 cameras total - is it possible there is another one in the account?

pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
Only 5 cameras. Nothing else. Right now, 3 Arlo Pro 2 cameras are saying I need subscription.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru
Did you set up activity zones? Those require a subscription. If so, remove the zones to remove the message.
pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
I don't even have a menu to delete those activity zones anymore. Except the working ones (Arlo Pro 2 and one Arlo Pro 4).
pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
For those two working ones, activity zones are all deleted as well.
pyi
Aspirant
Aspirant
All resolved. This is what I did. removed one camera from the group. And then go through the syncing process to add it again. Somehow all the cameras are working again and started recording.
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@pyi Thanks for the update!

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation